Duplicate a Route and Change the Route Type
We are now going to open a second route by duplicating Route 1:
1. Click on the Route 1 entry window to activate it.
2. Click the minimize button in the upper right corner to shrink the window.
3. Select the Routes tab > Route 1 group > Duplicate. A duplicate route will open.
4. In the Route 1 ‐ Copy window, use the pick list in the upper left corner to change the route type to Shortest, then click Run or press the <F10> key.
5. Look at the two routes on the map to see how the route from Sioux City to Armstrong has been altered because you changed the route type.