PC*Miler Rail – Industry-standard rail routing, mileage and mapping software
PC*MILER|Rail is the rail and logistics industry’s leading routing, mileage and mapping software. Widely used in fuel surcharge calculation, equipment management, rail car mileage auditing, carrier selection, rate determination and negotiation, and ad valorem tax reporting, PC*MILER|Rail determines actual operating or fuel surcharge routes and mileage using station/state abbreviations or railroad industry codes.
- Generate rail-specific mileage to audit freight bill fuel surcharges, calculate state “ad valorem” taxes on the earnings of rail cars, or to negotiate cost estimates and rates
- Improve fleet utilization by determining advantageous rail routings
- Minimize empty haulage costs by tracking empty and loaded mileage by rail car, carrier, and state
- See routes on a map and generate detailed route reports that include mileage summaries by state and railroad, in addition to leg and cumulative miles for via points and major cities
- Use one convenient data source for your rail-specific mileage and routing needs
- Proprietary map database updated and made available to customers periodically on a when and if available basis
- 240,000 miles of rail line
- 802 railroads
- Over 49,400 active freight stations throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico
- Over 4,000 unique junction interchanges
- Standard Point Location Codes (SPLC), Freight Station Accounting Codes (FSAC), Eastern Railroad President’s Conference Codes (3-3-3), and Rule 260 Junction Codes (R260)
- In addition to the annual version update, supplemental map and data updates* may be provided to include new carriers, active stations and junctions
- Directional routing for accurate one-way routes and mileage
- Generate routes based on Practical, Shortest, Fuel Surcharge, Intermodal, Coal/Bulk, or Auto Racks routing options
- Fuel Surcharge routing option uses railroad-specific routing criteria to determine miles to accommodate the Surface Transportation Board ruling on mileage-based fuel surcharge calculations
- Run routes to rail-intermodal freight stations serviced by truck and/or ferry
- Use Single Route Entry mode to obtain accurate mileage on a specific rail route, or use AutoRouter to view and compare multiple routes on alternative railroads
- Select junction interchanges for Interline routes using the Junction Helper from Single Route Entry mode or allow PC*MILER|Rail to choose them in AutoRouter
- Railroad map framing selects railroads on the map
- Display track ownership with color-coded lines and labels to indicate ownership for single and jointly owned rail lines
- Custom Place Manager assigns custom station names to the database
*Applicable license required.
Additional PC*MILER|Rail Products
Seamlessly interface PC*MILER|Rail routes, mileage and reports into your production environment. Calculate rail mileage, display maps, run state-by-state mileage breakdowns and generate detailed station reports within other software applications, including Microsoft®Excel®.
Simultaneously process large volumes of Origin-Destination Pairs. Automatically summarize empty, loaded, and total mileage by equipment ID, railroad, or state/province for a large number of rail movements.
Access trip calculations functions from the PC*MILER|Rail-Connect DLL, running on Windows personal computers, over a TCP/IP network from any other computer platform.